Online course currently under development
For businesses and practitioners in the home building industry, ethical issues abound. Managing those issues effectively create pathways to customer satisfaction and competitive advantage. By exploring industry-specific issues and ethical approaches, this course aims to improve the management of ethical issues in residential construction.
Knowledge & Skill Building Areas
Business Ethics & Its Place in Home Building
- The Role of Business & Business Ethics
- Theory-based Ethics
Ethical Issues in Home Building
- Conflicts of Interest
- Ethics of Marketing
- Ethics of Managing People
The Ethical Path to Customer Satisfaction
- The Connections between Ethics & Customer Satisfaction
- What Customer Satisfaction Scores Say about Your Ethics
- Unethical Conduct That Hurts Customer Satisfaction
- Horror Stories from the Field
- Using Ethics to Improve Customer Satisfaction
Corporate Citizenship & Social Responsibility
- Defining the Stakes and the Stakeholders
- Charitable Giving
- Protecting the Environment
Applying Ethics to Your Homes Building Business
- Establishing Your Company's Ethical Culture
Training category (Group B): Upon completion of this online course development, this course will be available for either formal or informal continuing professional development (CPD).
- Formal CPD: Includes completion of a proctored exam
- Informal CPD: Participants only complete the course and do not take the exam
Course availability: Online learning allows you to work at your own pace from the comfort of your own computer any time of the day or night.
Timeframes: You will be allotted 6 months from the date of course registration to complete the online education. Extensions can be purchased if additional time is required.
Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this course. You can register for this course anytime at your convenience.
Tuition: $449 + tax for a limited time.
The tuition includes the online education and an electronic copy of the course manual.
Proof of course completion: Upon completion of the online course, participants will be able to log into our learning management system to view and print a certificate of completion for informal CPD. An additional formal CPD training certificate will be provided to those individuals who successfully complete the final exam. The exam results will be available and kept electronically in your student profile.
Formal CPD Exam: The exam for this course (applicable for individuals completing formal training) is closed book in a multiple choice, multiple answer and true/false format. There is no exam for participants taking the course for informal CPD training.
Passing grade: The passing grade is 70%.